There is a blog that is doing a giveaway, and all kinds of fun things this week. She also left it open for anyone to do the questions or enter the giveaway! The blog doing it is by Hamlette. I am looking forward to this week!
1. What draws you to Tolkien's stories? (The characters, the quests, the themes, the worlds, etc.)
All of the above?! Honestly, I really do love it all. But if am to get a little more specific, the characters are awesome. The overall story of good conquering evil, always makes a good story. The world and places are lovely, the languages too, but very complex.
2. What was the first Middle Earth book you read and/or movie you saw? What did you think of it?
Well, I first saw the movies, before I read the books. I have always loved them ever since I first saw them, I guess you could say it was love at first sight. :) As for when I first read the books, it was harder for me to get into it at first, but once I kept going they got better.
3. Name three of your favorite characters and tell us why you like them.
I am just going to do LOTR on this one. But for The Hobbit, it's Bilbo, Bard, and Fili.
Gandalf: He is so cool. I mean, here is a guy who not only does fireworks (which he does very well indeed) but is also a protector, wise, and a good mentor. He is the only Maiar who does what he is supposed to do on earth, his whole reason was to assist and counsel the people of Middle Earth. He stayed his post, till the very end. Even after he "died" he got brought back because he was need to accomplish what need to be done, and only he would see it through.
Samwise: He is the type of friend you want in real-life. He is so self-sacrificing and brave. He will go with you till the very end, even if it costs his life. Because that is what a true friend is. They stick with you, and encourage you along the way. And he won't leave you to do it alone, either. He'll lift you up when you are feeling down, literally. :D
Aragorn: He protects the people of Middle Earth, If anyone needs any help, he's there. And yet he is meant to be a King. It's kind of like Jesus, He didn't come to be served, but to serve others. Like Aragorn, when he heard that the Hobbits needed help, he was going to be there, to serve them, to help them. And that's why I love the guy. He too, is self-sacrificing, courageous, and a great friend.
Aragorn: "I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor."
Frodo: "I know."
Doesn't he look awesome?
4. Are there any secondary characters you think deserve more attention?
5. What Middle Earth character do you relate to the most?
I have no idea. I guess I would go with Eowyn?
6. If you could ask Professor Tolkien one Middle Earth-related question, what would you like to ask him?
"If you could go anywhere in the world you created, where would you go?"
7. Are there any pieces of Middle Earth merchandise you would particularly like to own, but don't?
I would really like to have The Hobbit Monopoly game, or the Elven Leaf broach.
8. What battle would you absolutely not want to be part of?
The Battle of the Five Armies or Helms Deep.
9. Would you rather eat a meal at the Rivendell or Bag End?
As much as I love the Elves, I would go with Bag End on this one. The food sounds delicious, and Gandalf's fireworks would be a sight to see!
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotes from the books or movies.
Thank you all for reading!! Don't forget to head on over to Ms. Hamlette's blog, and enter for your chance to win some great prizes!