Thursday, June 2, 2016

Reasons to Start a Blog

Hello everybody!  I can't believe it's already June!!  Time sure does fly.  I thought I would share with you guys some reasons to start your own blog if you don't have one.

 For me, I started a blog just because. I don't think that I really knew what I was going to do with my blog.  I think I was leaning towards a fashion blog.  You can read my first post here.

When I first started this blog I wasn't involved with any other blogs.  I had a few blogs that I followed and by that I mean bookmarking them on my iPad. :)  I didn't comment or anything.  I started this blog in March of last year and in August I still hadn't done another post, but my Welcome one. 

Then I commented on my friend Olivia's blog, Meanwhile, in Rivendell... and she responded to my comment!  It made me feel so good that she was talking with me.  Then I was checking out her Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious blogs page and she put my blog on there!  And she commented on my Welcome post! 

That is when I decided to pick back up the blog that I had abandoned and keep going.  And I am so glad that I did!  Here are some reasons to start your own blog.

1.  Meeting new friends.  I had no idea that I would end up with so many wonderful people to call friends that I have never even met before (though it would be awesome one day if we could!). 

2.  I have improved in my punctuation and writing skills.  And I am still learning!  Thank goodness my Mom is an awesome proof reader.  Thanks Momma! :D

3.  Get your creative juices flowing.  With headers and post ideas (I also think I've been crafting more since starting a blog:)).  I really like doing headers, that's why they change so frequently (this new one looks kinda springy, but I don't care:)).  Post ideas are not as easy for me, but this one came to me so that's good! :D

4.  Free books!  I'm signed up with some companies that give you books for an honest review on your blog and one on a retail site.  It's really awesome and I really enjoy it. 

5.  Being more bold.  Not just for blogging, but in everyday life.  I follow some fashion blogs that I really like as well.  You may or may not know that I LOVE vintage fashion (everything vintage in general).  

Blogging has helped me wear what I want to wear and not care about people staring at me.  In fact I have gotten lots of compliments!   Last week a lady said I looked like the girl from The Notebook!  I have never seen the movie, but I know what she looks like.  I love this quote, "People will stare. Make it worth their while. "― Harry Winston.  Little disclaimer, I do not dress this way every day, but I do it often! :D

6.  It's fun.  It's fun to do posts and get comments and talk with people that have the same interests as you. Its fun to know that people like you for you.  Always be yourself, for that is who God created you to be.  He made only one of you, so be you, don't try to be someone else.  God loves you just the way you are.

I hope you guys have an awesome weekend!  Towards the end of this next week I'm going camping to Tahoe!!  I'm sooo excited!  I'll try to get a post up before I go.  Also, Rachel Starr Thomson is giving away a Kindle and a bunch of books!  If you'd like to enter click right HERE.  Love you guys! <3

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you started blogging, Morgan! You're so upbeat and friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much, Meredith!! That just made my day! =D

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you started blogging too! I love your new design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new design is simply exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *wipes tears* *hugs you* AAAAWWWWW. I'm so, so glad you stuck with blogging! What sort of a blogosphere would it be if your blog wasn't a part of it?? I submit a poorer one.

    You always come up with the most unique post ideas, it's awesome. And yes--all these reasons are so accurate! Blogging really does help with a lot of things in life. Ooh, I LOVE that Harry Winston quote! It's fabulous xD

    So proud to be your friend, my dear <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *returns hug* Aww, Olivia that is so sweet of you to say!! Same with your blog, dear! =D

      Thank you so much!! I really like that Harry Winston quote, too!! :D

      I'm proud to be your friend, too!! <3

      Delete