Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Dress I Made

Hello everyone!!  I'm back!!   I thought I would share with you guys the dress I made with that sheet/blanket thing in my YouTube video.  I actually made it a little while ago.  I have only had two sewing lessons in my life.  No teacher has ever taught me how to sew clothing.  The only thing I learned how to make was this folded holder thing.  I have never sewn with a pattern for clothing before and this dress is completely pattern free.  That's right.  I made this dress by just cutting, sewing and seam ripping (quite a bit because I make mistakes ;)). 

This dress is not perfect by any means.  But I am pretty proud of myself for doing not to bad of a job when I have never been taught.  I am hoping in the future to take some classes because I would love to know how to do clothing that I can wear all the time.  Especially for the way I like to dress.  Sometimes its hard to find clothing you like that is reasonable.  So I think it would be a lot of fun to get material at thrift stores for a couple bucks and make something that I can wear all the time...that it will look like it came from a store. :) 




So that's my dress!  I hope you liked taking a look at it.  Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Love, Morgan <3 (btw, this look is makeup free except some lipstick and gloss.)

16 comments:

  1. MORGAN! THAT IS INCREDIBLE! And you've only had TWO sewing lessons EVER?? WUT.

    I'm just in shock because this. is. gorgeous. O.O Oh my gracious, girl, I can't believe how beautiful it turned out! (Of course, I *knew* you would do a good job, but it's even more stunning because of the fact that you've never been taught how to sew clothing.)

    WOW. I CAN'T STOP LOOKING AT IT. Well done, my friend! ^_^ *hands you candy* Here, you deserve it. ;D

    (Oh, and I happened to notice your Chip teacup in the background. IT'S ADORABLE!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH...THANK YOU SO MARY!!!! :D You just made my day! Thank you for the candy it's my favorite! *gobbles it up* XD Thank you again, girl! You are so sweet!! <3 :D

      Delete
  2. You made this adorable dress without any pattern or anything??? I think you need to be giving sewing lessons (to me!!) not taking lessons. ;P I took lessons from my friend's older sister for awhile, and now I'm a fairly-decent 'seamstress'. But with a pattern, without one I'm quite lost. ;)

    Amazing job, Morgan!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. That's sweet of you to say! Thank you! That's awesome! Isn't sewing fun? I really enjoy it. I think it is a nice skill to have. Thank you so much, Faith!!! :D <3

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, MORGAN. I can't believe no one has taught you to sew clothing, because this is really good! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much Savannah!!! :D <3

      Delete
  4. AWE IT'S SO ADORABLE!!!! XD
    -Mic

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh oh oh YOUR HEADER AND BLOG LAYOUT! It's gorgeous! and the dress is simply lovely! I wish I could sew like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Miss Evie!!! Aww, thank you so much!! :D <3

      Delete
  6. Wow, congrats on making your own dress! It's really pretty (and so are you!) =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much, Emily!! Aww, thank you! =D <3

      Delete
  7. First off, girl, you are SO PRETTY!!! Like what the heck!?! And this dress is gorgeous! I love the pattern and the fact that you have had no classes is just, wow. Mind blown. This was an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* Thank you, Abigail!!! Thank you again, m'dear!! :D <3

      Delete
  8. Oh Morgan that is amazing!! You are a natural sewer. I have been learning to sew (theoretically) for years, and I still can't do it very well. Even with patterns!!

    ReplyDelete